HELP & TRAINING
Schedule R – Control Persons - 4.B. Indirect Owners
(1) Section 4.B. asks for information about your indirect owners; you must first complete Section 4.A., which asks for information about your direct owners.
(2) Indirect Owners. With respect to each owner listed in Section 4.A. (except individual owners), list below:
(a) in the case of an owner that is a corporation, each of its shareholders that beneficially owns, has the right to vote, or has the power to sell or direct the sale of, 25% or more of a class of a voting security of that corporation;
For purposes of this Section, a person beneficially owns any securities: (i) owned by his/her child, stepchild, grandchild, parent, stepparent, grandparent, spouse, sibling, mother-in-law, father-in-law, son-in-law, daughter-in-law, brother-in-law, or sister-in-law, sharing the same residence; or (ii) that he/she has the right to acquire, within 60 days, through the exercise of any option, warrant, or right to purchase the security.
(b) in the case of an owner that is a partnership, all general partners and those limited and special partners that have the right to receive upon dissolution, or have contributed, 25% or more of the partnership’s capital;
(c) in the case of an owner that is a trust, the trust and each trustee; and
(d) in the case of an owner that is a limited liability company (“LLC”), (i) those members that have the right to receive upon dissolution, or have contributed, 25% or more of the LLC’s capital, and (ii) if managed by elected managers, all elected managers.
(3) Continue up the chain of ownership listing all 25% owners at each level. Once a public reporting company (a company subject to Sections 12 or 15(d) of the Exchange Act) is reached, no further ownership information need be given.
(4) In the DE/FE/I column below, enter “DE” if the owner is a domestic entity, “FE” if the owner is an entity incorporated or domiciled in a foreign country, or “I” if the owner is an individual.
(5) Complete the Status column by entering the owner’s status as partner, trustee, elected manager, shareholder, or member; and for shareholders or members, the class of securities owned (if more than one is issued).
(6) Ownership codes are:
- C - 25% but less than 50%
- D - 50% but less than 75%
- E - 75% or more
- F - Other (general partner, trustee, or elected manager)
(7) (a) In the Control Person column, enter “Yes” if the person has control as defined in the Glossary of Terms to Form ADV, and enter “No” if the person does not have control. Note that under this definition, most executive officers and all 25% owners, general partners, elected managers, and trustees are control persons.
(b) In the PR column, enter “PR” if the owner is a public reporting company under Sections 12 or 15(d) of the Exchange Act.
(c) Complete each column.